Certification Advisory Committee - September 27, 2017
Audio Clips by Agenda Item
1. Election of Chair and Vice Chair
2. Presentation and discussion regarding open meeting law
3. Presentation, discussion and possible action to recommend the creation of a middle grades certificate
4. Presentation, discussion and possible action to recommend proposed amendments to the rules regarding career and technical education certificates:
a. R7-2-612 regarding Career and Technical Education Certificates
b. R7-2-612.01 regarding Standard Specialized Career and Technical Education Certificates
5. Presentation, discussion and possible action to recommend proposed amendments to the rules regarding:
a. R7-2-611 regarding Special Education Teaching Certificates
b. R7-2-614 regarding Other Teaching Certificates
6. Presentation and discussion regarding the creation of classroom preparation programs for Joint Technical Education Districts
7. Presentation and discussion regarding:
a. Proposed amendments to endorsements;
b. The creation of micro-credentials.
8. CALL TO THE PUBLIC: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Committee may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
9. FUTURE MEETING DATES AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS. The executive director or a member of the Committee may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda.