Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02, effective November 2, 2015, all notices of the meetings of the Arizona State Board of Education and any of its committees, task forces, subcommittees, advisory committees, and public hearings will be posted virtually on the Board’s website at azsbe.az.gov, and posted physically in the lobby of the State Board of Education Office located at 1700 West Washington, Executive Tower Suite 300, Phoenix, Arizona, 85007. See Disclosure Statement.
A courtesy copy of public postings can be found outside of Room 122, Arizona Department of Education, 1535 W. Jefferson, Phoenix, Arizona, 85007.
Board Meetings, Committee Meetings, and Public Hearings are currently being held virtually. To speak at a meeting please register using the link provided on the agenda of the meeting you wish to speak at.
Board and Advisory Committee Meetings, Agendas, and Minutes / Summaries of Action
Please select a tab below to view the information for Board Meetings, Committee Meetings, or Public Hearings.
The Board generally meets monthly on the fourth Monday of each month, as necessary and with the establishment of a quorum. The agenda and related materials for a particular meeting may be accessed by clicking the document link in the table below or by clicking the meeting date. A summary of the meeting motions, as well as a recording of the meeting, are available for meetings occurring since January 2015 and will be available within three business days of the completion of any future meeting.
2. Presentation and discussion regarding open meeting law
3. Presentation, discussion and possible action to recommend the creation of a middle grades certificate
4. Presentation, discussion and possible action to recommend proposed amendments to the rules regarding career and technical education certificates:
a. R7-2-612 regarding Career and Technical Education Certificates
b. R7-2-612.01 regarding Standard Specialized Career and Technical Education Certificates
5. Presentation, discussion and possible action to recommend proposed amendments to the rules regarding:
a. R7-2-611 regarding Special Education Teaching Certificates
b. R7-2-614 regarding Other Teaching Certificates
6. Presentation and discussion regarding the creation of classroom preparation programs for Joint Technical Education Districts
7. Presentation and discussion regarding:
a. Proposed amendments to endorsements;
b. The creation of micro-credentials.
8. CALL TO THE PUBLIC: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Committee may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
9. FUTURE MEETING DATES AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS. The executive director or a member of the Committee may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda.
Public Hearings are sometimes held outside of Board meetings to collect public comment on issues outside of Board meetings.
Pursuant to the Board adopted rulemaking procedures, the Board must provide an opportunity for public comment outside of the Board meeting where the rule is initially presented. Written comments regarding proposed rules are accepted on this website.
The agenda and related materials for a particular hearing may be accessed by clicking on the meeting date.